Monday, November 11, 2013

Last Day of Transfers

Okay, I gotta type fast. I got 7 minutes. Here we go:

1.) We had another baptism! 2 actually! A woman and her daughter. Hermana Maria de Jesus and Carolina. I don't have the pictures because I forgot to bring the cable to upload them, so I'll get them to you guys next week.

So, during the baptism a few things happened that were hilarious. First, we had to fill the font, but the boiler to heat the water is broken, so it was icy cold. As we were filling the font, the water was yellow. The font was so dirty that it was almost brown. So, after about 30 minutes of filling it, we had to drain it and start over, after cleaning the font a little. After we cleaned it, we had to start filling it with pitchers of water that we had. There was also a hose, and we took a garbage can, removed the bag, and poured water in it with the hose to take it to the font. It takes about 1:30 to fill the font, and we did it in 30 minutes with our little pitchers of water. Literally pitchers. Like, to drink. yeah. Fun times.

The water was green too. We don't exactly know why. So yeah, that happened, and then Carolina, who was baptized by Elder Ponce, had to be baptized 3 times. The first 2 times, her clothing and hand were above the water. The last time, during the prayer, she was shaking so badly that everyone could see it. Pobrecita.

2.) I've recently started to get into reading Jesus the Christ. What a book. Never in my life have I learned more about the Savior. It's crazy cool. I love reading about the scientific evidence, or why something is significant, or explanations about stuff. It's awesome.

3.) Tuesday and Wednesday I had the darkest time I've ever had on my mission. The realization that I was going to train, and the idea that I would have to do everything myself shut me down. I didn't want to do anything. Not sleep, not eat, not work, not read. Nothing. I was a disaster. Thankfully, Elder Ponce gave me a blessing and after a day, these feelings left. It was seriously the scariest thing I've ever felt in my life, and I felt as though I was falling into a really deep depression that I was never going to escape.

4.) I'M GOING TO TRAIN.

It was announced Saturday, and I'm getting my new companion in an hour. I hope I can do everything required. If not, I know the Lord will help me. My best is all I can give, and if it's not good enough, the Lord makes up the difference.

Love you all. Really. Just like, imagine a really big thing, but bigger, and that's how much I love everybody.

Elder Carter