Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Week 2

That´s what it feels like. Week 2. I´ve already passed an entire transfer as a secretary. But it´s only been one week. Nuts.

A few days ago, we had a problem with the cards of the mission, and so I had to stay in the offices all day for 3 days in a row, and then a 4th because my companion had to stay one day. So I had a total of like, 8 hours in my sector this week. It kinda made me sad because I wanted to test out my Fourth Missionary skills. But no... Sadly I was unable this week.

So, investigators! We actually found around 10 new people, but none of them had another appointment in which they were there. So... yeah. Kinda depressing, but I can´t lose faith. I found 10 people! Miracle from the 0 from before!

Here´s the investigators that actually "exist" right now:

Hermana G: HAD a baptismal date for this Saturday, but she fell down some stairs at work and FRACTURED HER ARMS. No joke. She now can´t get her arms wet, and therefore cannot be baptized.... 

Hermano M: Progressing like a boss. Basically set up to be baptized in April. Going to be married and everything. I´m so excited to see him progress! He´s super awesome.

That´s about it right now. We´re still looking.... >:D

Okay, so... cool stuff this week...

1.) Elder L left! He´s no longer an assistant to the President. I´m gonna miss this kid. But I´m going to see him after so no biggie. One of the pictures is with him.





2.) The ceiling in the offices caved in. No joke. I took pictures of that too. Apparently it was just full of water or something and then fell because it was too much weight for the fragile tile. Pretty great stuff.



3.) I found a church that´s like a shed with a tarp over it. It´s so funny. There´s a bunch of churches like this in other poorer areas. Kinda sad, but hilarious at the same time. Pictured below as well.


4.) My watch broke!

Okay, I´m defining "broke" as I was walking and it just fell apart. Still works, and I glued it together, but that watch that Andy gave me I just don´t think it´s gonna hold out much longer. (hint hint haha)

5.) Our ward missionary leader is basically dead. Like, I think he´s past his due date or something, because he´s been in the hospital for about a week now. Poor guy. Maybe his diabetes is catching up with him. Dunno.

I really can´t think of anything cool to write to you guys so I guess I´m just gonna give you what I can remember. Dunno. Maybe if you guys gave me like, ideas on what I need to tell you, I can get a better idea of what it is you´re looking for.

Okay, so yeah. That´s this week. Pretty uneventful because of the stinkin offices. Working on a computer never felt so aggravating. XD

Hasta luego familia!

Elder Carter