Saturday, July 20, 2013

My first email

HELLO EVERYONE!!!!!!
 
This is my first email home on my P Day! I have Thursdays set as my P Day, so you can expect a weekly email from me then!
 
I LOVE THE MTC. IT IS THE BEST PLACE EVER. SERIOUSLY.
 
I wish everyone could have the experiences I'm having. The Spirit is really strong here and I really can't even begin to describe how much I enjoy my time here.
 
I only have about 10 minutes on this email before I need to get going, but if anyone gets this email between when I get it and 3:30 MST, I can reply back, as I will have additional time to email (about 30 minutes) during my laundry time. I'm going to have to type as fast as I can to get everything in.
 
So, the long awaited question that everyone has on their mind:
 
QUIEN EN EL HECK IS ELDER CARTER'S COMPANION?!?!?!?!?!?!
 
The winner is.... ELDER HILTON!

No, he's not related to Paris Hilton, no his dad doesn't own the Hilton hotel chain, and NO, I WILL NOT ASK HIM FOR MONEY.
 
Anyway, he's a totally awesome guy. He's so funny, and he and I have nearly exactly the same interests. For instance, right now, he's wearing a Minecraft T-Shirt. Tell me this match was not made in heaven.
 
So, yeah. I have Elder Hilton as my companion. Our District is made up of me, Elder Hilton, Elder Madsen (Funniest guy ever), Elder Townsend, Elder Smith, Elder Wilkinson, and Hermana Ah-Hong (NO SHE'S NOT CHINESE SHE'S SAMOAN. Inside joke, sorry. XD)

Anyway, our district is like, the best ever. They honestly make me so happy. They are hilarious, and we all have really good chemistry. I'm so glad I got put into this district. I couldn't ask for a better one.
 
So, I'll describe my first day to you guys, and then just talk about what I think you might want to know.
 
My parents dropped me off, took pictures, and managed to drive off somehow in an incredible disply of raw willpower. I went with my host, Elder Pouwers, who was going to the Netherlands in 2 weeks. He leaves this Monday. It's insane.
 
He took me to 1M, which is the main building, to get my NAMETAG (Boy was that an awesome feeling) and info and whatever. The part after that is kinda boring. Just walked around and showed me my rooms/where to go and stuff. Just standard orientation.
 
He then took me to my classroom, where I met Hermano Holman, our teacher.
 
Hermano Holman is seriously the greatest person ever. Like, if you took the awesomeness of the most awesome people you knew, and then combined them with like, someone else equally as awesome, you would get half of Hermano Holman. He's so great. I forgot to bring my camera to class, so you don't get a picture of him until next week. SORRY!
 
Anyway, I talked with him in Spanish (he pretty much only speaks to us in Spanish, and Dad, you have no idea how much I appreciated those trips to the Spanish Branch when I found that out), and he told me he served in Nicaragua, and that he had to learn Spanish AND Miscito. (Pronounced like Meesckeeto) He's so cool.
 
I met my class and we began class. Turns out, I know the most Spanish and can understand Hermano Holman the best out of my whole District. Dad, you pretty much put me about 2 weeks ahead of everyone. Thank you.
 
After class, we went to a devotional with the MTC president, President Nalle. We had some talks there and sang "Armies of Helaman" with a twist. Instead of saying "We will be the Lord's missionaries" we said "We ARE NOW the Lord's Missionaries." I had to fight back tears during that song. It's my favorite song ever.
 
We met our Zone leaders after that. They are really cool. Elder Conrad and Elder Womack. They are really nice, and I love them.
 
After that, we went home to unpack, and boy did we have a good time. Elder Madsen is a self-proclaimed redneck, and so he's really hilarious. He often is behind about 20 minutes in a conversation and just shouts out random stuff. He's so great.
 
My time is running short, so I'll just make a list of a couple things that we do.
 
1.) In our classroom building, we had a hallway that had ONE broken light that flickered on and off. It was kind of a creepy effect, and Elder Hilton and I dubbed it "El Camino de Muerte" (The Way of Death). They fixed it, though, and we mourned the loss of our beloved joke.
 
2.) There's a tree here that smells like Cream Soda. Do NOT ask me what type it is. I have no idea. I just know that it smells like Cream Soda. It's great.
 
3.) So, meals here are great, but no Mango Juice like Tom. Instead, it's Orange Strawberry Banana juice, kind of like the kind at home. It's sooooooooo good.
 
4.) Our Zone leaders have a thing that Elder Hilton, Elder Madsen and Elder Townsend and I call "Los brasos de la noche" The Hugs of the Night. It's great. They go to each person in the zone at 10:00 and hug them.
 
TELL ME EVERYTHING ABOUT YOUR LIVES. PLEASE. I NEED TO KNOW IF YOU SKINNED YOUR KNEE OR SOMETHING. IT IS GREAT.
 
SORRY I COULDN'T WRITE MUCH. I JUST DON'T HAVE A LOT OF TIME. MY PARENTS WILL POST THIS AND FORWARD THIS, SO I JUST WANT TO SAY THIS:
 
I LOVE THIS GOSPEL, I LOVE MY SAVIOR AND MY GOD. I LOVE THE CHURCH AND I LOVE THIS PLACE.
 
I LOVE YOU ALL. I WILL TRY TO WRITE MORE LATER.
 
ADIOS!
 


Elder Carter