Monday, December 23, 2013

Okay, hi.

Hello family. This really makes me mad. I had this HUGE letter all typed up and pretty, and then it just straight up disappeared. Not even joking. It literally just up and disappeared off the screen. Like, literally doesn't exist anymore. Makes me very angry but whatever. I'll try to hurry.

First, I wish to write a letter to the ward. I want it read in sacrament meeting. No joke.

Dear 5th Ward,

I don't know how many of you know me, but I'm Elder Coby Carter, currently serving in the Mexico Tijuana mission.

I recently received a package from my family that contained many gifts. One of these gifts was a poster that had inscribed on the top: "Merry Christmas Elder Carter!" This poster, along with that, had the signatures and notes of almost every member of the ward.

When I took this poster out and unfolded it, I put it on my desk and just cried. The amount of work and effort put into this poster was minuscule, and yet, I couldn't help but feel as though I had everyone in the ward pulling for me.

My dear friends, there are no words to describe how incredibly grateful I am for this small contribution you have made to my mission. Above all else, I really feel as though each one of you has personally told me that I can do this. Unbeknownst to almost everyone at home, I've been having a very hard time these past few weeks, and this poster helped to elevate my spirits.

Please accept my sincerest, most humble and heartfelt thanks I can offer you. I deeply desire to give everyone who wrote on that poster a hug and tell them how much I appreciate it, but I don't think that'll be possible right now. So, for now, this letter will have to do.

I now feel more ready to continue on in the Work of the Lord. Although I can't hear it, I feel the support in every step from each and every one of you good people. I know that in Twin Falls there are hundreds of men, women, and children praying for my success here in Mexico, and I'm going to work even harder to be worthy of those blessings of which I am so desperately grateful.

Sincerely, humbly, and gratefully yours,

Elder Carter

I'm serious now. Get that puppy read.

Okay, now, stuff that happened this week:

1.) I had a breakdown kinda. I didn't quite get the difference between a numbers missionary, and a regular missionary that helps people. Finally, one of my Zone Leaders, Elder Mills, talked to me about what the difference was. He told me he felt the same way at one point, and that it was perfectly natural. I finally understood it after talking with him. I felt much better.

2.) I saw Grandpa! He came to sacrament meeting, and sang the closing hymn! It was so funny how he sang it:
"Sfo savn shel flas sfom fal schvee". Just downright hilarious.

3.) I got my package! It was full of warm stuff, Hi-Chews, and more warm stuff. And the ties! MOM! THE TIES ARE GORGEOUS. HOLY COW. But I can't wear pink or orange ties here on the mission! Dunno why. So, the pink tie you gave me will have to wait until I come home, but man. I just fell in love with them. I'm wearing the green one as we speak.

4.) I actually really stink at Spanish. Did I tell you guys that? I'm really bad at it.

Anyway, this is kinda short because I really just don't have a lot of time now. The draft just up and disappeared.

I'll send more pictures too.

Thanks for the support family. See you on Wednesday.

Elder Carter

PHOTOS!

You guys already know what they are.