Thursday, August 15, 2013

HOLY COW CRAZY WEEK

A;LJKSROIANVIOAUHER;LKAEHR;OIY

THIS WEEK HAS BEEN JUST ABSOLUTELY INSANE. SO MUCH STUFF HAS HAPPENED!

1.) I GOT MY VISA APPLICATION READY! I was called up to the Travel office on Friday, and I went to Salt Lake City to get my Visa Application signed and get my picture taken/fingerprints for my Visa. I'm headed to Tijuana after all baby!

2.) I GOT MY TRAVEL PLANS TO HEAD TO TIJUANA! I'm flying straight from Salt Lake at around 11:00 and arrive in San Diego at around 12:00. It's a sick flight, and I'm just absolutely excited to go on my mission. It's a REALITY!

During the time that I spend in the airport, (we leave campus at around 6:00 AM and drive to the airport, so I'll probably have around 2-2 1/2 hours to do this) I'm allowed to call home! I CAN CALL HOME!

I don't know if you guys will be able to answer my call, or if I'll be able to get a response at all, but if you guys CAN get together during my phone call, what number do I call? When do I call? How long can we talk? Basically, I just want to know the details so I can be ready when I get to the airport to tell you guys about everything that's happened. This will be the first call, and the next one isn't until Christmas, so make it count! ;)

3.) Tuesday we had a devotional at the Marriott Center, and uh.... RICHARD G. SCOTT SPOKE TO US. ASDLJKFRH;ASEKOVAELF;JKLN IT WAS SO AMAZING. I CAN'T EVEN BEGIN TO DESCRIBE HOW INCREDIBLE IT WAS TO LISTEN TO AN APOSTLE OF THE LORD TALK TO US ABOUT PRAYER. AMAZING

4.) I MOVED TO WEST CAMPUS! Our whole zone was selected to move over to West Campus, and I'm typing from the RainTree apartments as we speak! The mission boundaries cover Wyview (AWESOME apartments. Basically just like college. It's so cool!) and Raintree, and go clear down to Brigham's Landing, so on P Day, we can go down there in church clothes and shop or whatever. It's so cool! I love it here! I really wish we had more than just a week before we left, because there's so much awesome stuff here.

5.) This is my last week in the MTC, and then I'm out in the real world for good. It's just so crazy. Time has just gone by faster than I can possibly remember. It seems just yesterday that I was fighting back tears as I watched my family wave good-bye to me on the front lawn of our house.

However, because this is the last week, I leave on Tuesday, and P-Day in the field is Monday, which means that I won't be able to write you guys until at least the 26th. So, I'll try to fit as much as I can in here right now before I hit the regular schedule. 

6.) There's just so much that's happened! I can't understand all of it sometimes. We have just been flying around everywhere, and there's a lot that I just don't have time to talk in full about due to time restrictions, but I can just tell everyone that I've had MAJOR help this week from the Lord, and I'm just so happy right now.

Couple of things that happened this week that were noteworthy:

1.) Elder Wilkinson and I have become VERY good friends. He and I don't share the same interests, but we have the same sense of humor, entonces, tenemos muchas vezes donde hablamos sobre cosas random. (Sorry, it's just habit sometimes. I'm starting to think in Spanish a little bit) We have one inside joke of what to do when things get awkward. You know how in some countries, there's a noise or something that they make to make things a little less awkward? We decided we were going to start something like that in 'Merica. When things get awkward, just say "oot!" Pretty much golden from there on out.

2.) Richard G. Scott spoke to us about prayer, and I have to say, it was extremely good. I really enjoyed it. But he said this that really touched me: "My beloved wife has been on the other side of the veil for some time, but I have received an impression that she has been permitted to join us tonight."

At that exact moment, I received a sort of impression that Grandpa was there as well. I felt so overwhelmed. The thing that hit me the most was the fact that Elder Hilton and I arrived early to get good seats for the Devotional. We had heard there was a General Authority, but we didn't know who, so we left pretty early to get to the Marriott Center from Raintree. As we sat down, there was an empty seat next to me. I really don't know if Grandpa was sitting there, but he was at the Devotional, and I feel that's where he would have sat, so he could sit next to his Grandson while listening to someone called of our Lord to represent him.

3.) We finally got a new District, and MAN have I been so relieved to know that we aren't the dumbest people here anymore! (Kinda mean, but hey, it's true.) They make me feel like I know everything! It's awesome. They know a little Spanish, but I have to get Elder Hilton to translate for me when I speak to them because they don't know everything that I'm telling them.

I'm just so excited to go to Tijuana I'm pretty much ready to just jump into a box and send myself there. I know it will be hard, but I'm looking forward to teaching the people of Tijuana and teaching others about the gospel. I can't wait to finally be able to bring souls unto Christ, and celebrate and rejoice with them in the Kingdom of God.

Yo se que La Iglesia de JesuCristo es verdadera. Este Iglesia es la unica Iglesia que tiene la autoridad del sacerdocio de Dios, y hay no otra manera donde podemos ser salvados. Yo se que El Libro De Mormon es la palabra de Dios, y que un hombre puede venir cerca a JesuCristo y Dios por sigiendo las principios encontrado en el Libro que por algun (don't know how to say any) otro libro. Yo se que soy serviendo mi mision para pagar Dios por todos mi bendiciones, y que Dios me ayudara cuando lo necessito desde El. Yo se que los misioneros en la tierra son haciendo la obra de Dios, y que lo sere haciendo cuando voy a Tijuana. Yo se que Tomas S. Monson es el profeta de Dios hoy, y que por medio de el, podemos recibir revelacion y tambien mas palabras desde Dios. Yo se que Espanol sera muy deficil entender, pero yo se que Dios me ayudara entender los nativos en Tijuana, y tambien me ayudara saber que necessito decir y hacer.

Digo estes cosas, en el nombre de mi Hermano, mi Salvador, El Hijo de Dios, Amen

Elder Carter