Thursday, June 26, 2014

HOLA AGAIN

OKAY FAMILY. I GOTTA MAKE THIS FAST. I GOTTA GET MOVING BECAUSE WE ARE ALMOST OUT OF P DAY.

So, this week was actually really boring. We just walked a bunch and I ended up with a sweet up tan that I´m pretty sure makes me look native now. I mean, Elder C said I look tan, so that's a plus.

I also have a picture of my companion this week because last week I couldn´t send it! Woo!

Investigators:

Brother J and Brother D: They are a reference from a recent convert family. They are really cool, and Brother J is progressing a ton. He´s reading more than I am almost in the Book of Mormon, and we´ve got him committed to quit smoking. However, the biggest problem is the fact that he still doesn´t understand WHY he´s gotta quit smoking. We´re going to work on that this week.

Sister J and Sister S: Two awesome investigators that aren´t really progressing, but we haven´t passed a lot with them, so we gotta start visiting a little more to see real progress. We´re hoping to get them to church so we can start the conversion process.

As for right now, those are the only good ones.

Okay, experiences:

1.) I GOT THE PACKAGE! I´m super happy. There´s a picture of that in the email. It´s super great.

2.) We started throwing cards because I pulled out my UNO cards one day, and so then we just started having competitions on who could hit a water bottle with the credit cards. Well, Elder Scholes managed to miss the bottle, but BROKE THE CREDIT CARD AND A PIECE OF IT STUCK INTO THE WALL. It was incredible. Needless to say, we are done with our witchcraft of cards.

3.) I´m starting to understand the difference between humility and repression. I know how to play piano, and I really enjoy it. However, I don´t go and tell everyone I can play piano. BUT, that doesn´t mean I´m humble. Not bragging doesn´t mean the same thing, and I´m starting to understand that difference. It´s pretty tough, and it´s pushing me a little more.

Okay, sorry for such a short email, but I really don´t have a lot of time. We lost a ton of P-Day going to the offices. It´s like, 2 hours from our house. Super lame.

MEXICO BEAT CROATIA 3-1. WOOT!

Elder Carter