Monday, November 3, 2014

I became Elder Sant

Yeah, you read it right. I'll explain here in a bit. First, I've got to talk about investigators AND, (that's right, there's more) I think I'm going to start talking about less actives too, so that way you understand a little more about what I'm going through.

I - Sister G: She's just not progressing too much. The problem is that she has NO TIME TO DO ANYTHING. It's a rough ordeal, but we're going to see if we can't just teach her a bunch about the church and see if she will understand that she has to sacrifice to get to church for just an hour, and then we'll be good. She's super cool though.

LA - Brother J C: He's a cool kid of 19 years. We found him a while ago, and we reactivated him almost immediately. He was going to church, but then for some reason, he stopped. He invited his whole block to talk to us and even his girlfriend, so he's awesome. We're just working on his attendance now, and then we'll be set with him. Super cool kid.

LA - Sister A: She's a great little old lady that just loves when we come over. However, she does have a problem with Smoking, so we're going to be working with her on that. If she progresses, we'll be sitting pretty. We have plans with her to help her quit, so we're going to be working on that.

Those are the main people of interest right now.

Okay, now, for this week's adventures:

1.) First, I want to talk about something absolutely hilarious that happened a few days ago. Brother M, our new convert, was reading the Book of Mormon, and he told us he had questions. However, when we asked him, he said he could only remember that it was in 2 Nephi. He told us it was somewhere in the middle, but he couldn't remember what chapter. So, I, being full of faith, said:

"Are you guys ready? I'm going to flip through 2 Nephi and open up the chapter you read. Got it?"

Everyone laughed, including me, but nonetheless, I had faith. So, I separated 2 Nephi from the rest of the Book of Mormon and slowly started to flip the pages and I stopped in the middle.

It landed in 2 Nephi 19. I started reading out loud, trying to see if he recognized it. In that chapter it talks about "Unto us a child is born" and so I asked him, did the chapter talk about a child?

He told me that yes, and so I read the verse, and he said:

"THAT'S THE CHAPTER!"

Miracle. Just a gosh-darned miracle. Super awesome. We taught about Isaiah and how he could understand it more.

Speaking of which, Dad, you need to get a copy of the Book of Mormon in Spanish, and then, when the family reads in 2 Nephi, read the footnotes of the Spanish version to them in English. It explains A LOT more than in English. Hebrew words, when metaphors start, what the context is, and what certain words have to do with what he says. It's crazy.

2.) I WAS SO SICK. This is why I say I became Elder Sant.

You remember about a month or two ago how Elder Sant got really sick and went to the hospital? It was exactly the same with me.

I got sick on Tuesday. I felt bad and I just felt so bad I couldn't leave the house, and not only that, but I had some unstoppable urges to use the bathroom if you know what I mean. So then, I stayed home and recovered as far as I knew. I woke up on Thursday and started working again.

By afternoon, I felt a little worse, but I thought I could just tough my way through it.

By evening, I was ready to die.

We were in Ward Council that evening when I realized that this was much worse than just a stomach ache. It hurt SO bad, and I couldn't even get myself to want to move. I was having cold shivers, and above really anything else, I was super weak. So we went to the doctor, and it turns out that I had a STOMACH INFECTION! Woo! Those are fun.

So, he gave me some pills, some advice, AND SHOTS. I hate shots. More than anything in the whole world almost. I hate them. Spiders and needles just scare the crud out of me. The worst part is, THE DOCTOR CAN'T GIVE THEM! So basically, Elder C has had to stab me with needles for the past 4 days. Today will be the last time I have to get a shot, but you'll never guess where I've had to get them.... Looking at the picture, you can take a guess.

The first time he injected me, he was really nervous, and so when he went to inject me, he was trembling so much that he stuck the needle in too quickly. So quickly, in fact, that it felt like he stabbed it into me. Not joking. It hurt SO bad. I was sore all night, and all the next day too. It was horrible. He got better after that though, so the next couple of times weren't that bad. But gosh darnit. I. Hate. Shots. Hate them. With my whole being.

3.) I've started hating my diet. The thing is, I have to eat stuff that's really quick and easy to eat, because I want to get in bed on time to have energy for the next morning, so every day I eat the same thing: Cold cereal in the morning, and hot dogs at night. I'm sick of hot dogs. Any suggestions of quick, simple, good tasting meals or things to eat?

4.) I'm starting to play the piano a ton now, and I might even play in sacrament meeting. Is there some way I could get a piano that can roll up and be compact? That way, I could practice in the house when I have nothing to do. Are they too expensive, or could someone send me one? I'd help me a ton with practicing the sacramental hymns that are just nightmares to play.

Okay, well, this week as been basically normal, but with those awesome things happening. Stinkin sickness is hard. But whatever.

If anyone has questions about my sickness or whatever, feel free to ask me. I'll answer them.

Pictures: The picture that has me with my finger on fire was my attempt at being a FireBender from Avatar. Pretty legitimate-looking right?

I don't know if I sent the picture of Peter with the Book of Mormon or not, so I'm sending it again just in case.

The picture of Elder C with the syringe and me with my face in my pillow, clenching my teeth so that I didn't scream. I hate shots.

Okay, have a good week everyone. Thanks for your help and support. Don't forget to pray.

Elder Carter