Monday, December 1, 2014

Bunch of Stuff

So, a lot has happened since the last big email. I'll try to get it all done.

I've been transferred to a new area called Primo Tapia. It's a small town on the coast of Baja California that's around 20 minutes away by taxi from Rosarito. It's a branch that has around 180 members, with around 30 active. It's a really tough area because of the distances. There are around 10 little towns that we have to cover, and because of that, many just say that they can't come to church because it's too far. It's kinda frustrating to see that people will only show their love for God if it's convenient for them. However, that's something they choose, and I cannot overcome it.

 This new area is pretty cool, like, it's right next to the sea, and so I get to see it every day. In fact, it's so close that we are actually RIGHT NEXT to the ocean in our little house. I've taken a picture of it here and attached it. It's right next to the beach, but I forgot to take a picture of that. Maybe next week.

My new companion is named Elder F. He's 25 years old and from Mexico. Don't really know much else about him. He doesn't like talking much, and so I can't really get a lot from him.

 So, with that said, I'll try to talk about the cool stuff that has happened. I can't really put investigators because I still don't know all of them, but next week I'll have a list ready.

 1.) First, I had the WORST mission experience in all of history. There were fleas or ticks (not sure which) in my bed, and my companion didn't tell me until around 3 days after. I woke up for 3 straight nights with more and more bites on my body. I took pictures of the bites. They hurt. A ton. And itch. And in the shower, they burn. The ones I showed are just a few of the many bites I have. So, because of that, I took a can of bug killer and strewed out everything. Bed, stand, blankets, pillowcase, everything. And I just sat there spraying it until I drowned the stupid bugs to oblivion. I took a picture of one of them that I found. Just imagine that in your bed. So yeah, I just absolutely hated that.

 2.) I did my first street contact in English. Here is much more touristy, so sometimes Americans are here. I did my first contact in English, and it was hard. I tried saying "about" but instead tried to say "acerca de" in spanish. Super tough, but not many happen here.

 3.) So, this next thing makes me sad that I didn't have my camera. There were some clouds that were over the ocean that moved into Primo Tapia. It was so cool! The clouds hung there over the sea, and after a few minutes, it moved into our sector. The fog was so dense that water accumulated on my hair. It was pretty cool, but I didn't have my camera with me. The rest of the pictures are with members of my old ward, and with other missionaries. I also took pictures of Jello flowers that a lady in our branch makes. They are really cool. If any of you have questions, let me know. I'll be sure to send the answers.

Thanks for the support.
See you all later.

 Elder Carter