Monday, October 28, 2013

Family

OKAY I HAVE SO LITTLE TIME. WHY DID YOU ALL EMAIL ME ALL AT ONCE! I LOVE IT BUT AT THE SAME TIME IT'S REALLY HARD BECAUSE THEN I HAVE LIKE 3 MINUTES TO WRITE MY BIG ONE!

Okay, I'll try to type fast. Lets see how this goes:

1.) I was the senior companion for a day with Elder Giles! I had to do all the speaking again. That was really scary, but I think it went well. I trained him the best I could. I'm scared though, when I have to be the senior companion completely for 3 months to train a new elder. I hope I can do it. I'll be praying a lot.

2.) I got to finally play the piano in priesthood! I loved it so much that I finally got to play "Dulce Grata Oracion" (Sweet Hour of Prayer) after a long time. Man I miss tickling those ivories.

3.) I have a couple things that I need, and I hope you guys have some way to send them to me (if you can)

1.shoe shining kit

2. hangars

3. A NEW BAG TO CARRY STUFF. Mom, remember that laptop bag that you bought me to use? It's already falling apart after only 2 months of use. It's really dumb. So I'm gonna try and take it to Hermana Porfiria to see what she can do, but I think my only solution is a new one. Is there some way you could send me one? Thank you so much.

4.) I'M MEMORIZING SAM MCGEE AGAIN! Don't worry Grandpa, I'll have it down so well I'll be able to say it upside down, backwards, and sideways. :D I love reciting it. It makes me feel accomplished.

5.) There's an investigator named Sarah, who has investigated the church for around 2 years now. She's finally going to be able to be baptized! She has a problem with coffee, but she's one of the kindest people I've ever met. She's constantly asking how she can help me, and when I told her we had no food, she very nearly took us to the store to buy some right then and there.

It's really hard to help her sometimes, because she really has a desire to stop, but she's really addicted to coffee. I'm praying night and day for her, but it's hard for her sometimes to hear how other people quit drinking it, and she can't.

That's all for today's letter. I'm sorry it was so short. Thanks for all of your love and support. I'll talk to you guys soon.

Elder Carter

Pictures: #2 is of my Zone right now, #1 is of me trying to steal a Liahona that some members made for a play.