Monday, October 14, 2013

This week was.... weird.

Okay, so, I have a list here of things I want to talk about. Hopefully I can do it in these next 15 minutes.
1.) We had a testimony meeting, and I forgot to tell you guys about the last one, so here's the things about this one:

It's really weird because everyone gets up to do it. There's no personal experiences, there's no one who just drones on about nothing. Everyone bears their testimony, and there's a LOT of people who do it.

You know how in the church, everyone says the same thing when it starts: I would like to bear my testimony that I know this church is true. It's different here. Everyone states with the words: "Yo quiero compartir mi testimonio que se que Dios vive." Every person. Every time. Really weird.

2.) Mom's gonna love this one. When we were visiting a member, one of their teenagers talked to us about games. I said I knew a lot about them, and he asked me about a game called "Call of Duty: Black Ops 2". Obviously I said "yeah, I know a lot about that game. It's a fun one." He proceeded to turn on his Playstation and ask me to play with him.

I denied, because I was a missionary, but he played and let us watch. As I watched, I just kinda thought something like this:

"This looks really fun, but man... I just don't really want to do it. I don't feel like it would be as FULFILLING."

THAT is what I learned. Games are fun. I love them. They're great. But they aren't FULFILLING. I finally understood (though I will still like games) that games are just that: games. They aren't really worth anything. It's fun to play, but I won't feel as fulfilled. Something really cool I learned.

3.) We were trying to visit a less active, and just a bit below the hill, there was a church meeting with guys in a rock band. They sang a song that was really loud, and it was a rock song. The title was "Hay Viene El Fuego" which translates to "Here Comes the Fire." That was a great experience, let me tell you, to hear a guy singing about how everyone's gonna burn, so we gotta save ourselves. Fantastic.

4.) MEXICAN SWEETS ARE SO GOOD. OOOOHHHHH MY. Dad, we're gonna visit Mi Pueblo almost every day when I return, you realize that right?

Tristes chocolates. There's just no way to describe the sweetness. I will never see Mexico the same way again.

That's it for today! Sorry I didn't have many spiritual experiences to share with  you guys this time. Really, we didn't have very many. A lot of appointments fell through, and mostly we've been trying to work with active members to increase our references.

Love you all to death, and then some.

Elder Carter